Today is the official launch of the Birds in Snow Photography Contest!
- Submit photos according to the theme of birds in snow. Get creative!
- There is no limit to the number of photos you can submit, but please be reasonable
- I encourage everyone to take new photographs of birds in snow (if it’s possible where you live), but older photos will be allowed
- No owl photographs will be considered
- Deadline is 11:59pm EST on February 26th, 2017
- Use of the birds in snow theme
- Quality of the photograph e.g. sharpness, exposure etc.
- The “magic factor”- hard to define, but some pictures just have that “je ne sais quoi!”
- Judging will be done by myself and a panel
Gilligallou Bird $25 Gift Certificate
- Gilligallou Bird is a high quality bird food, feeder and bird-themed items store with 2 locations in Ottawa, Canada as well as an online store
- The 1st place photographer will be awarded a $25 Gift Certificate to be used at the store or online. *Certain terms and conditions may apply
- The top photographers will also be featured on www.theafternoonbirder.com
How to Submit Photographs
- Post photographs to The Afternoon Birder’s Facebook page with the caption “Birds in Snow Contest”
- On Instagram, tag your photographs with #birdsinsnow2017
Happy winter shooting everyone! I’m really excited to see what photos get submitted for this one!
Check out the results from my Fall Birds Contest for inspiration.